we komen nog een stapje dichterbij

Discussie in 'APB Reloaded' gestart door hardcore22, 13 mei 2018.

1. hardcore22

hardcore22 V.I.P. (Very Important Poster) Volledig lid Donateur

Leuk Bevonden:
    Trofeepunten:
    We called APB Reloaded one of the best free-to-play MMOs available—in 2013. It's chugged along since those long-ago days, although its last listed update on Steam came out in mid-2016, and while the player base has slowly, steadily declined over the years, its average concurrent player count is still hanging in around the 500 mark. That's not bad for a game of that vintage, particularly one that doesn't have a major publisher behind it.

And it may be about to get some new life. Game publisher Little Orbit, which took over the Kickstarter train wreck Unsung Story last summer, announced today that it has acquired GamersFirst, the parent company of Reloaded Productions, and all the games it owns. CEO Matthew Scott acknowledged that APB Reloaded needs a lot of work, but promised regular communication with players as that work progresses. "Good, bad, or ugly, I will share where we are at," he wrote.

The first 30 days will be dedicated to updating privacy policies, the code of conduct, and terms and conditions. Social pages will be cleaned up, a new forum launched, and "a significant change to our banning and cheating policies" will be announced. After that, the focus will turn to new content, including—hopefully—a new mode, maps, clothing, guns, and vehicles. A new competitive matchmaking system is planned, as is a transition to Unreal Engine 4.

"This is a long process that involves a massive rewrite of several core systems and a lot of art migration. I know that this has been talked about extensively in the past, and it has been a sore point with the community for a while," Scott wrote.

"It’s going to take time. We need to start by unifying the PC version on Unreal 3.5, and then moving to Unreal 4. Personally I don’t think Unreal 4 is going to have a big impact on the look or speed of the game. It may not even be noticeable to some. But for APB Reloaded to have long-term viability, transitioning to Unreal 4 is something we need to do."

Can APB Reloaded be brought back to some kind of relevance by a new publisher? The fact that it's been able to maintain any sort of player base in the face of quiet indifference (I suspect that quite a lot of people assumed that APB Reloaded went under long ago) is a testament to its durability, and it didn't end up in that "best free-to-play MMOs" for nothing. It may not be the most obvious candidate for a revival, but a free-to-play, low-key GTA Online-style experience might just work.

https://www.pcgamer.com/apb-reloaded-has-a-new-owner-with-big-plans-for-the-future/

Chieldh97, Ahabben, Noudoei en 2 anderen vinden dit leuk.
  2. Noudoei

Noudoei V.I.P. (Very Important Poster) Volledig lid Donateur

Leuk Bevonden:
    Trofeepunten:
    Eerst zien dan geloven.
    Maar ik ben alvast hyped XD

Chieldh97 en target5 vinden dit leuk.
  3. ClubRoxy

ClubRoxy Pumpkin Community Manager Community Coordinator

Leuk Bevonden:
    Trofeepunten:
    Twitter:
    ClubRoxyNL
    Youtube:
    ClubRoxy
    What? Ik dacht dat ze allang dood waren man. XD

4. Chieldh97

Chieldh97 We work in the dark to serve the light Volledig lid

Leuk Bevonden:
    Trofeepunten:
    Tijd om weer geld uit te gaan geven dus

Noudoei vindt dit leuk.
  5. hardcore22

Leuk Bevonden:
    Trofeepunten:

eerst ff afwachten in welk tijdsbestek er een update komt, eerder zullen e van mij geen knaken zien.

6. Ahabben

Ahabben Actief lid Community Officer

Leuk Bevonden:
    Trofeepunten:
  7. Noudoei

Leuk Bevonden:
    Trofeepunten:
    betekend dat dat we nu de wapens moeten kopen die we willen en dat ze dan untradeble worden?? aan de andere kant hij zegt dat de prijzen naar beneden gaan. Iemand enig idee hier over??

8. Ahabben

Leuk Bevonden:
    Trofeepunten:
    Als ik zo lees, joker boxes ja dan zal het untradeble worden en minder kosten.
    Maar lijkt hierop alleen te gaan om de jokerboxen als ik zo lees.
    Ivm gamble regels en stuff.

Denk niet dat dit geldt voor de andere dingen.

Maar dat moeten we eerst afwachten

9. Noudoei

Leuk Bevonden:
    Trofeepunten:
    dus dat betekend als je nu kut wapens hebt dat je die heel gauw moet omtrade naar cash of andere leukere wapens??

Laatst bewerkt: 30 mei 2018
  10. Ahabben

Leuk Bevonden:
    Trofeepunten:
    ik heb geen idee hoe het zit met weps die je al bezit maar als je kutwapens heb en niet gebruikt sell them just in case i guess

11. hardcore22

Leuk Bevonden:
    Trofeepunten:
    ik heb vooralsnog alle wapens die ik wou hebben, heb alle atac's acc lifetime dus ik lig er niet wakker van en heb voor elk acc een nano. als ze het un tradeble willen maken veel s6 ik lig er niet wakker van

12. Noudoei

Leuk Bevonden:
    Trofeepunten:
    Het is ook voor de mensen die het nog niet hebben.

13. Ahabben

Leuk Bevonden:
    Trofeepunten:

Deel Deze Pagina